- Yashpal Soni has been appointed as chief information officer, Intex Technologies. The company has also appointed Unnikrishnan Mohandas Thazhath as general manager-product management (mobile) to strengthen its mobile business.
- Vani Venkatesh has been appointed as CEO-Retail of Bharti Airtel. She replaces Rohit Malhotra.
- Dinesh Verma has been appointed as managing director, India and SAARC of Juniper Networks. Dinesh most recently headed sales for British Telecom (BT) Global Services, the global telecom services arm of BT.
- Maneesh Goel has been appointed as new chief financial officer of PayU India.
- Shailesh Bhayade has been appointed as VP-product management and sales for structured cabling solutions of DIGISOL.
- Pinaki Chatterjee has been appointed as director for sales, India and SAARC of AXILSPOT.
- Wayne White has been appointed as vice president of sales for North America of Alcatel. He joins Alcatel from Toronto-based Kobo, where he served as executive president sales and marketing.
- Anthony Gao has been appointed as president of LeEco Asia-Pacific region and CEO of LeEco Hong Kong. He will be responsible for operational management and meeting various business targets.
- Iza Irame has been appointed as CEO of Crystal Telecom. He replaces Vincent Gatete.
- Singtel has made two new appointments to its leadership team, adding a new CTO and a new CEO for its international operations. Current CEO international Mark Chong will become CTO of the Singtel Group, with Arthur Lang taking over his role. Chong will succeed Tay Soo Meng, who is set to retire at the end of the financial year after more than 50 years in the industry.
- Carl Roberts has been appointed as chief commercial officer, Epsilon Telecommunications.
- Alfonso Gómez Palacio has been appointed as the new president and CEO, Telefónica’s Colombian Unit. He replaces Ariel Pontón.
- Timo Ihamuotila, chief financial officer of Nokia, has resigned from the company to join ABB in Switzerland as chief financial officer and a member of executive committee.
- Rajiv Sodhi, managing director and vice president, GoDaddy India and Australia, has tendered his resignation and would be heading to Microsoft starting December, where he would be leading the cloud and server business.
- Sharad Mehrotra, co-founder and chief executive of Hyve Mobility has quit the company.
- Rajiv Sethi, CEO of Grameenphone, has quit the company to pursue new opportunities. Petter B Furberg has been appointed as interim CEO.
- Thorsten Dirks, CEO of Telefónica’s German operations, would leave the executive board of the company at the end of the first quarter of 2017. The supervisory board is looking for a successor.