- Anil Kumar Bhargava has been appointed as member of the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT). Bhargava retired as Member and Advisor Technology, Department of Telecommunications in May 2016. He has also served as the chairman of Bharat Broadband Network Ltd. (BBNL). He succeeds Kuldip Singh who had retired in March 2016.
- Brje Ekholm has been appointed as president and CEO of Ericsson, effective January 16, 2016. He will also remain a member of the board of directors of Ericsson. He joins Ericsson from his current position as CEO of Patricia Industries, a division within Investor. He will succeed Jan Frykhammar.
- Petter-B. Furberg has been appointed as CEO of Grameenphone. Furberg will replace Rajeev Sethi who resigned.
- Bill Barney, CEO of RCOM Enterprise and Global Cloud Xchange (GCX) has been appointed to the role of Co-CEO of RCOM. He succeeds Vinod Sawhny.
- Cisco has appointed Amy L. Chang, CEO and founder of Accompany, Inc., to its board of directors.
- Steven Capelli has been appointed as Chief Financial Officer of Blackberry. He succeeds James Yersh.
- Sachin Batra has been appointed as chief marketing officer of ZTE India. He will head both sales and marketing for ZTE India's smartphone business.
- Ann M. Livermore has been appointed as board of directors, Qualcomm Incorporated.
- Jacqueline White has been appointed as chief customer officer of Persistent Systems. Most recently, she served as SAP's SVP of Global Financial Services Consulting and was a managing director at Accenture, leading a national team across 17 sub-industries.
- Ramesh Chandra Arya has been appointed as new chief general manager of Rajasthan telecom circle, BSNL. Prior to this Arya, was CGM, Haryana telecom circle.
- Parag Kar, vice-president of government affairs will serve as the interim head of Qualcomm India. Sunil Lalvani, president and vice president, has stepped down after a stint of just over a year.
- Unnikrishnan Mohandas Thazhath has been appointed as general manager - product management (Mobile) of Intex Technologies. Prior to joining Intex, Thazhath was part of the leadership team at Runsheng Technologies where he held the positions of director.
- Alex Rogers has been promoted to executive vice president and president of Qualcomm Technology Licensing (QTL), effective immediately. Rogers has led QTL since March 2016.
- Kristian Pullola has been appointed as chief financial officer and member of the Group Leadership Team, Nokia as of January 1, 2017. He is currently is Nokia's senior vice president, corporate controller. He succeeds Timo Ihamuotila, who has resigned to join ABB in Switzerland as chief financial officer and a member of executive committee.
- Former Tata Consultancy Services vice-chairman S Ramadorai has resigned as the chief of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and National Skill Development Agency (NSDA). Vice-chairman Rohit Nandan will discharge duties at NSDC and NSDA till a new chairman is appointed.
- Soren L. Hansen, chief cloud architect at Reliance Jio Infocomm, has left the company after a stint of over 3 years.
- Hari Charan Rao, AVP - data science & analytics of cloud engineering at Reliance Jio has quit the company. He has joined Innoviti Payment Solutions as vice president of software engineering.
- Ajay Sharma, business head of mobile phone and tablet divisions at Micromax Informatics, has quit just 9 months after rejoining the company in January 2016.