Fluke Networks has introduced the DSX-8000 CableAnalyzer, the first field tester independently certified and endorsed to meet all the requirements for the Category 8 field testing standard. The DSX-8000 is the latest addition to the Versiv cable certification family, continuing the Fluke Networks' tradition of designing products to help data communications installers more quickly, accurately, and profitably achieve system acceptance for copper and fiber jobs. With the launch of a field tester, designers and installers now have the tools they need to deploy Cat 8 in support of 25 and 40 gigabit Ethernet networks. In reaching the milestone of the first Cat 8 field tester, the DSX Series has achieved a number of breakthroughs, including:
- lThe first permanent link and channel adapters with a full 2 GHz range, allowing field certification of TIA Cat 5 through 8 and ISO/IEC Class C through FA and I/II (Class II adapters available in summer 2017)
- lThe fastest test time: eight-second Cat 6A certification
- lThe first tester to be endorsed by manufacturers of Cat 8 solutions
- lThe only tester able to test screen continuity along the path of the cabling as required for level 2G testers.
- lThe only tester capable of testing the optional resistance unbalance measurements critical for guaranteeing operation of advanced power-over-Ethernet (PoE) systems