Anritsu Corporation has released three new clock recovery, PAM4 analysis, and jitter analysis options to upgrade the functions of its BERTWave MP2110A sampling oscilloscope for manufacturing and inspecting optical modules and devices. In addition to the existing BER measurement and EYE pattern analysis, adding these three new functions supports clock recovery, jitter analysis, and PAM4 analysis using the all-in-one MP2110A. Each of these new options can be retrofitted at any time to the MP2110A.
Option-095 PAM4 analysis software. This option supports measurements required for evaluating PAM4 optical signals, such as TDECQ.
- No complex settings and easy capture of measurement results
- Low noise (3.4 µW typ.) and high-sensitivity oscilloscope supports high-reproducibility measurements even with small EYE margin PAM4 signals
- High-speed sampling shortens time for collecting data required for TDECQ analysis; cutting measurement time helps improve productivity at PAM4 signal evaluation
Option-054 clock recovery (electrical/optical). This option recovers the trigger signal required by the sampling oscilloscope from the input data signal. It can be used for monitoring waveforms, such as for transmission equipment without a clock source.
- Built-in design supports easy and low-cost measurement system configuration without complex cabling
- Supports recovery of both NRZ and PAM4 clocks to help cut equipment costs
- Reduces losses due to MP2110A internal dividers to minimize impact on sensitivity, which is especially useful for high-sensitivity monitoring of PAM signals
Option-096 jitter analysis software. This option supports separate analysis of different jitter components, such as TJ, DJ, RJ, etc.
- Supports fast and easy measurements required by J2, J9, etc., manufacturing inspection (EYE Mode)
- Supports detailed DJ analysis (advanced jitter mode)
- Supports simultaneous jitter analysis and EYE mask tests to shorten measurement time